March 14, 2010

Wuzhen (Simplified Chinese: 乌镇; Traditional Chinese: 烏鎮; pinyin: Wūzhèn) is a historic scenic town, part of Tongxiang, in northern Zhejiang Province, China. It lies within the triangle formed by Hangzhou, Suzhou and Shanghai. Wuzhen’s area is 46.5 square kilometers.
Located in the center of the six ancient towns south of Yangtze River, 17 kilometers (10.56 miles) north of the city of Tongxiang, Wuzhen displays thousands of years of history in its ancient stone bridges floating on mild water, its stone pathways between the mottled walls and its delicate wood carvings. Also, setting it apart from other towns, it gives a unique experience through its profound cultural background.
Mao Dun, a renowned modern Chinese writer, was born in Wuzhen, and his masterpiece, ‘The Lin’s Shop’, describes vividly the life of Wuzhen. In 1991, Wuzhen was authorized as the Provincial Ancient Town of History and Culture, it was ranked first among the six ancient towns south of the Yangtze River.
Wuzhen’s uniqueness lies in its layout, being divided into six districts. These are: traditional workshops district, traditional local-styled dwelling houses district, traditional culture district, traditional food and beverage district, traditional shops and stores district, and water township customs and life district. Wandering along the east-west-east circuit created by these six districts, tourists can enjoy the atmosphere of the traditional cultures and the original ancient features of the town that have been preserved intact.

The Former Residence of Mao Dun

 

Mao Dun Museum in Wuzhen
Picturesque canal in Wuzhen
Street in Wuzhen
Originally built in the mid 19th century covering a total area of 650 square meters (7020 sq ft), the former residence of Mao Dun, a well-known Chinese revolutionary writer, was the Mao family home for many generations and witnessed the growth of this great revolutionist and writer. In 1984, the former residence of Mao Dun was renovated and extended to cover a total area of 1,731.5 square meters (18,700 sq ft) – it opened to the public one year later. In 1988, it was listed as one of the Key State Preserved Relic Units and in 1994 was renamed the Mao Dun Museum of the City of Tongxiang. The house has three exhibition areas: ‘Wuzhen, the Hometown of Mao Dun’, ‘the Way of Mao Dun’, and ‘the Former Residence of Mao Dun (renovated)’. The present Mao Dun Museum can be found to the east of the residence, which used to be Lizhi Shuyuan (Aspiration Academy) where Mao Dun spent his early school years.
[edit]Fanglu Pavilion (Pavilion of Visits to Lu)

The renowned Fanglu Pavilion obtained its name from an accidental meeting between Lu Tong, the owner, and Lu Yu, the Patron Saint of Tea in Tang Dynasty (618-907). It is said that Lu Yu once mistakenly ate some poisonous leaves and was rescued by Lu Tong, who happened to collect tea leaves at that time. In return, Lu Yun taught Lu Tong knowledge of tea and tea-making skills, which resulted in the prosperity of Lu Tong’s teahouse. Suggested by one guest, Lu Tong changed the house’s name to Pavilion of Visits to Lu, to memorize this respectable scholar. Located to the south of Ying Bridge and backing onto the city river, the teahouse enjoys a broad view of Guanqian Street and provides visitors with pleasant relaxation.
[edit]Bridge in Bridge

One of the most extraordinary sites in Wuzhen is the “Bridge in Bridge” created by two ancient bridges, one of which is Tongji Bridge crossing the river from east to west and the other is called Renji Bridge running from south to north and joining the former at one end. Either of two bridges can be seen through the arch of the other, hence the name. Having been rebuilt five times, Tongji Bridge is a 28.4-meter-long (93.1ft) and 3.5-meters-wide (11.4ft) one-curvature arch bridge, with a span of 11.8 meters (38.7ft). Renji Bridge, which has also experienced historical repairs, has a length of 22.6 meters (74.1ft), a width of 2.8 meters (9.2ft) and a span of 8.5 meters (27.9ft).
Visitors may enjoy the demonstration in the traditional workshops district of such famous traditional crafts as the printing and dyeing of blue printed fabrics, the primitive technique of cloth shoes and tobacco-planing, and operate the machines yourself to get an idea of how the original work was carried out over 200 years ago. One may also walk amongst the picturesque moss-covered streets and walls, the houses decorated with exquisitely-carved wooden and stone doors and windows, and the leisurely and quiet life of the local people in the district of traditional local-styled dwelling houses. Sink into the atmosphere of traditional culture, have a cup of chrysanthemum tea and relax by bargaining on various kinds of handicrafts and local products.

March 14, 2010

anxun, situated in Huzhou City, is a famous historical and cultural town in Zhejiang Province. Facing Taihu Lake to the north, and only a half-hour drive from Suzhou, Nanxun enjoys splendid natural resources. With a history of over 700 years, Nanxun is also a place full of historical interests.
On the list of Records of Gardens South of the Lower Reaches of the Yangtze River is Nanxun, the only town containing a total of five large gardens. Nanxun boasts numerous historic sites and enchanting natural landscapes, and has both a rich cultural heritage as well as the poetic, waterside charm seen in areas along the Yangtze. Enjoying revered cultural and natural resources, Nanxun is known as the birthplace of many talented historical figures. During the Song, Ming and Qing dynasties, 41 successful candidates in the highest imperial examinations came out of Nanxun.
With a history of 1400 years, Nanxun has a long story to tell about its splendid days of yore. Nanxun was a blooming town in the Southern Song Dynasty and by the reign of Emperor Jiajin of the Ming Dynasty, about a half century ago, it became one of Zhejiang Province’s important commercial towns because of the development of the silk industry. Ancient poems refer to the town beautifully descriptive verse: “thousands of households gather here on this water town market, and fishing boats and merchant vessels call at it side by side.” and “At the night market, you can buy water bamboo shoots and lotus roots, and in spring ships carry silks and brocades…”

The town’s most famous structure is the 400-year-old Baijian Lou, literally meaning pavilion of 100 rooms, located in the town’s northeast corner.
Locals say the pavilion was constructed by a high-ranking Ming Dynasty official for his servants, and people were amazed for his generosity as they looked at the magnificent building with its 100 rooms.
Withstanding several centuries of war and turbulence, the buildings are amazingly well-preserved; stretching along 400 metres on both banks of the ancient canal which divides the town, the huge buildings still function as residences for locals.

Small, exquisite gardens are another special attraction of Nanxun, and Xiaolian Zhuang, or Liu’s Garden, is one that certainly should not be missed by visitors. It was once the private garden of Liu Yong, a senior Qing Dynasty official. The garden is over 17,000 square metres, highlighted by a 5,000 square metre lotus pond within the building’s centre. Tourists visiting the garden in summer are astonished by the pleasing green and red thickly dotted lotuses. Also noteworthy are several Chinese archways which had a role in ancient rituals to worship ancestors.

Nanxun is known as a once-prosperous commercial town and silk manufacturing centre in the modern history

March 14, 2010

Liuhe Pagoda (Chinese: 六和塔; pinyin: Liùhé Tǎ), literally Six Harmonies Pagoda or Six Harmonies Tower, is multi-storied Chinese pagoda in southern Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, China. It is located at the foot of Yuelun Hill, facing the Qiantang River. It was originally constructed during the Northern Song Dynasty (960 – 1127 AD), destroyed in 1121, and reconstructed fully by 1165, during the Southern Song Dynasty (1127 – 1279 AD).
The pagoda was originally constructed by the ruler of the Wuyue State, some of which would later makeup Zhejiang province. The name ‘Liuhe’ comes from the six Buddhist ordinances and it is said that the reason for building the pagoda was to calm the tidal bore of the Qiantang River and as a navigational aid. However, the pagoda was completely destroyed during warfare in the year 1121.
The Pagoda was in disrepair before 1900
After the current pagoda was constructed of wood and brick during the Southern Song Dynasty, additional exterior eaves were added during the Ming (1368 – 1644) and Qing Dynasties (1644 – 1911). The pagoda is octagonal in shape and some 59.89 meters (196 feet) in height, it also has the appearance of being a thirteen-story structure, though it only has seven interior stories. There is a spiral staircase leading to the top floor and upon each of the seven ceilings are carved and painted figures including animals, flowers, birds and characters. Each story of the pagoda consists of four elements, the exterior walls, a zigzagged corridor, the interior walls and a small chamber. Viewed from outside, the pagoda appears to be layered-bright on the upper surface and dark underneath. That is a harmonious alternation of light and shade.
According to historian Joseph Needham, the pagoda also served as a lighthouse along the Qiantang River. Being of considerable size and stature, it actually served as a permanent lighthouse from nearly its beginning, to aid sailors in seeking anchorage for their ships at night (as described in the Hangzhou Fu Zhi).
A small “Pagoda Park” has recently been opened nearby. Its an exhibition features models of ancient Chinese pagodas, and illustrates the variety of different designs, and the history, culture and symbols associated with the pagoda.

March 14, 2010

Lingyin Temple  is a Buddhist temple of the Chan sect located north-west of Hangzhou, Zhejiang province, China. The temple’s name is commonly literally translated as Temple of the Soul’s Retreat. It is one of the largest and wealthiest Buddhist temples in China, and contains numerous pagodas and Budddhist grottoes.
The monastery is the largest of several temples in the Wulin Mountains , which also features a large number of grottos and religious rock carvings, the most famous of which is the Feilai Feng (飞来峰; literally “the peak that flew hither”).

The monastery was founded in 328 AD during the Eastern Jin Dynasty by monk Huili, who came from India. From its inception, Lingyin was a famous monastery in the Jiangnan region. At its peak under the Kingdom of Wuyue (907-978), the temple boasted nine multi-storey buildings, 18 pavilions, 72 halls, more than 1300 dormitory rooms, inhabited by more than 3000 monks. Many of the rich Buddhist carvings in the Feilai Feng grottos and surrounding mountains also date from this era.
During the latter Southern Song Dynasty, the monastery was regarded as one of the ten most important temples of the Chan sect in the Jiangnan region. However, its prominence has not saved the temple from marauders. It has been rebuilt no less than sixteen times since then. The current buildings are modern restorations of late Qing buildings. During the Cultural Revolution, the temple and grounds suffered some damage at the hands of Red Guards. However, they escaped large scale destruction partly because of the protection of Premier Zhou Enlai.
Today the temple is thriving as a destination for both pilgrims and tourists. It is regarded as one of the wealthiest monasteries in China, and regular pilgrims have included former paramount leader Deng Xiaoping.

The main axis of Lingyin follows a traditional Song dynasty five-hall Chan sect structure. The main axis stretches up the Lingyin Hill. However, it should be noted that the five-hall axis is a recent recreation. Only the front three halls are a part of the Qing dynasty axis.
Hall of the Heavenly Kings
Dhritarashtra, the pipa-playing Heavenly King watching for the East and the wind
Courtyard in front the main hall bordered with trees
Guanyin, a manifestation of the Bodhisattva Avalokite?vara, with relief screen, at the back of the Grand Hall of the Great Sage
The formal entrance of the temple is the Hall of the Heavenly Kings (Chinese: 天王殿; pinyin: Tiānwáng Diàn). This hall is a double-eaved building. The front of the building carries a plaque (Chinese: 云林禅寺; pinyin: Yúnlín Chán Sì; literally “Chan temple of the Clouds and Forests”), written by the Kangxi Emperor. The principal statue in this hall is that of the Maitreya Buddha in his manifestation as the cloth bag monk, or the Laughing Buddha. At the back, facing up the hill, is the Skanda Buddha, or Weituo as he is known in Chinese. This statue dates from the Southern Song Dynasty. Arranged along the left and right are the Four Heavenly Kings. The ceiling is ornately painted and decorated with phoenixes and dragons.
Visitors to the temple are often impressed by the size and majesty of the entrance hall and its statues of the heavenly kings. Indeed, the hall of the Heavenly Kings at the Lingyin Temple is as large or larger than the main hall at many temples, reflecting its status as the centre of Buddhism in south-eastern China.
The Hall of the Heavenly Kings is the formal entrance to the temple. However, this entry has been closed in recent years, with visitors funneled instead through side doors, where separate ticket offices are set up for admission to the temple.
Grand Hall of the Great Sage
The second and principal hall is the Mahavira Hall, or the Grand Hall of the Great Sage (Chinese: 大雄宝殿; pinyin: Dàxíong Bǎodiàn). It is separated from the Hall of the Heavenly Kings by a large courtyard, featuring a raised lawn bordered with trees. To the left of the courtyard stands the Hall of the Five Hundred Arhats. The Grand Hall of the Great Sage is triple eaved and stands 33.6 metres tall. It houses, as is traditional, a statue of Shakyamuni, the historical Buddha. The present statue was carved in 1956 from camphor wood in Tang Dynasty style and coated with 60 taels of gold. It is the largest wooden Buddhist statue in China. At the back of the main statue is a statue of Guanyin, backed by a large screen that features the carved images of some 150 Buddhist personalities, including the pilgrims of the Journey to the West, Daoji, and arhats. Arranged along the sides of the hall are images of the 18 principal arhats, and other prominent Buddhists. The interior of the hall reaches about 30 metres, with a gold-painted ceiling featuring base relief images of traditional Buddhist symbols.
Hall of the Medicine Buddha
Further uphill and behind the main hall is the Hall of the Medicine Buddha (Chinese: 药师殿; pinyin: Yàoshī Diàn), housing a statue of the Bhaisajyaguru Buddha, commonly called the Medicine Buddha.Sutra Library
Uphill from the Hall of the Medicine Buddha is the Sutra Library (Chinese: 藏经楼; pinyin: Cángjīng Lóu). This, and the Huayan Hall behind it, were built from 2000 to 2002 to re-create the five-hall main axis. The Sutra Library does not house a major statue and is not open for worship.
Huayan Hall
The fifth and last hall on the main axis is the Avatamsaka Hall, or Huayan Hall (Chinese: 华严殿; pinyin: Huáyán Diàn). Also built in 2002, this hall houses statues of the three sages of the Avatamsaka Sutra, known as the Huayan Sutra in Chinese – Shakyamuni, Manjusri, and Samantabhadra.
Hall of the Five Hundred Arhats
The Hall of Five Hundred Arhats (Chinese: 五百罗汉堂; pinyin: Wǔbǎi Luóhàn Táng), also a modern addition, faces onto the western side of the court yard in front of the main hall. The building has a complex floor plan, shaped like a Buddhist swastika. Along the arms of the swastika are arranged the five hundred arhats as slightly larger-than-life bronze statues. Each statue is seated on a unique ornate seat. At the centre, where the arms of the swastika join, stands a bronze canopy housing statues of four bodhisattvas representing the four cardinal directions. This is currently the tallest solid bronze structure in the world.

March 14, 2010

Hongcun  is a village in Yixian county, Anhui province (Yixian County), located near the southwest slope of Mount Huangshan, in China.
The village is arranged in the shape of an ox: A nearby hill (Leigang Hill) is interpreted as the head, and two trees standing on it mark the horns. Four bridges across the Jiyin stream can be seen as the legs and the houses of the village form the body. Inside the “body”, the Jiyin stream can be seen as the intestines and the lakes — such as the “South Lake” (Nanhu) — as the stomachs.
Hongcun’s central clearing
The architecture and carvings of the approximately 150 residences dating back to the Ming and Qing dynasties are said to be among the best of their kind in China. One of the biggest of the residences open to visitors, Chenzhi Hall, also contains a small residence museum.
Together with Xidi it was made a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2000. Hongcun was a location where the film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon was shot. Since then, tourism has dramatically increased.

March 10, 2010

Hubei provincial museum of hubei province is the only comprehensive museum, is also the most important cultural relics collection, study and display, mainly for the cultural relics collection, storage, protection, displays and exhibitions of research work. Now building is located the scenery beautiful wuchang shore, wuchang district of wuhan in hubei address DongHuLu 156.
Hubei museum preparation in 1953, “” is at the beginning of foundation was founded in 1953, hubei province people’s science on March 16, approved by the provincial people’s government in the science of hubei province, on the basis of the preparatory establishment, and museum (hubei province and cultural relic management committee of the reconsideration office, 1957 provincial museum was formally established. Since 1959 moved east lake scenic area; the spring Jan 1963 renamed hubei museum, 3000 square meters building built and opening display, January 1999, the construction area of the bells museum built 5717 square meters; In December, 2005, chu cultural centers built open, In September 2007, the new comprehensive gallery opening built.
Currently, the total area of hubei museum 81909 square meters and a building area of exhibition area 49611 square meters, 13427 square meters. Architecture is a full-bodied, with ChuFeng subject, the axial symmetry. Library consists of bells, chu culture, comprehensive display floor, have professional staff of more than 200 people (including research studies, vice librarians and 21), librarians have offices, showrooms, responsibility, coordination, archaeological SheJiaoBu, WenBao center, business department. Belonging to hubei department.
[the] [editing cultural relic.
The possession of hubei province from the original period reflect different historical periods of the social system, social production and social life of all kinds of cultural relics, specimen 14 million pieces (sets), including more than 1,000 primary relics (set), in the museum. These collections from archaeological excavations and most of all, to collect, both rich cultural relics unearthed, bright color, also has the local characteristics, basic reflects the hubei area of ancient Chinese culture, and even in China, the part of the vessels in the history of ancient Chinese culture and has the important status. And the rich cultural relic category of complete, there is main kinds of pottery and porcelain, bronze ware, lacquer wood, collation, weapons, ancient Musical Instruments, ancient calligraphy and painting, numismatics JinYuQi, etc. Collection of yun county whole area, fossils was moonhawk, promoted jian, yuan daiqing of four lovemap is world-famous.
More than 14 million in collections, many are rare curiosa of high-profile and important scientific data. If neolithic jingshan qujialing eggshells painted pottery spinning wheels, Tianmen ShiGuHe culture jade, jade eagle, And the burial site sanqiaohotel dish of shang dynasty unearthed bronze dings, big YuGe and copper ye-tomahawk, With the county of bells unearthed from the warring states zenghou yi tomb of bronze and 16 curving flowers.the curving flowers, 28 accommodation wek-jin longfeng image suitcase, astronomy, The yunmeng sleep in the qin dynasty unearthed tiger legal documents, such as bamboo has high and the extremely important historical, scientific and artistic value.
Cultural relics museum of hubei province level basically has: the warring states period, 1965 promoted in jiangling mountain 1 grave unearthed bronze jian, known as promoted. During the warring states period (in 1978, the chimes with the county zenghou yi tomb, a total of 65 bells unearthed, the total weight of 2500 kilograms. During the warring states period, the chimes with the county in 1978 grouped chimes tomb, 32, unearthed engraved words above wanli. During the warring states of bronze statue, 1978, with the county zenghou yi tomb, honour the dish of hollow out attached by the investment casting technology ACTS. Antlers set in the warring states period, bronze crane, 1978, suizhou zenghou yi tomb excavated, it is a kind of imagination mascot. The big YuGe shang, jade, 1974 closing HuangBei dish the mouth the tomb no.3 unearthed in sanqiaohotel. Bronze, shang percussion, 1977, chung Yang white aegirine is China’s first ever discovered the skin timbals drum. And the tao chicken, circle in the warring states period, the tiger block bird frame drum, 16 day dragon, the northern JinZhan Peggy, lotus, tang dynasty celadons of musicians, Ming FengGuan etc.
Hunan museum of jiangling unearthed bronze sword, promoted a super-duke bronze spear and prince a screen, drawing woodcarving birds jingmen bag of chu “Alexander mound unearthed dowry lines to meet with” chu bamboo slips of judicial documents of lacquer painting, cloud dream sleep out of the tiger qin legal documents, and wuchang bamboo slips unearthed from the land of the church in supine celadon repeated lotus honour had high historical, scientific and artistic value, As the great sui (in) the dunhuang 608 XieJing, Ming painted JiangXiaPa WuWei book, “wu master door, four ShenZhou” Ming, qiu ying, songjiang levy DongJiChang sent, “eight ShanRen ChenJiRu, ZhuDa”, “eight weird yangzhou JinNong” ZhengXie ZhangYuZhao HuangShen, and, as the house of YangShouJing, ink, are a rarity. If the revolution of 1911 ShouYi wuchang ensign, a famous star when 18 YunDaiYing revolutionary leader and revolutionary martyrs, ChenTanQiu, MAO zedong, liu shaoqi, shiyang, zhou enlai, the relics and DongBiWu monument, are rare anomaly.
[editor this segment] [treasure of the town.
The treasure of the four moonhawk, fossils, yun county whole area for marquis bells, and promoted sword, yuan daiqing four lovemap bottle.
No person I fossil skull yun county whole area for paleolithic. : 1989 QuYuan yun county whole area, cranial estuary school constantly 26 centimeters wide, cranial, 19 centimetres tall 12 centimeters, cranial hubei was first discovered the skull fossils paleoanthropology.
Zenghou yi bells: for during the warring states period, 1978, with the county, hubei province unearthed zenghou yi tomb. Clock frame long 748 centimeters, high 265 centimeters. Full of 65 pieces, (three layers of eight groups are hanging on the copper QuCheXing timberwork clock on the shelf. Each clock can play in three degrees of the scale, complete clock half dozen two-tone JiZou XuanGong can transfer. For now the general scale in C, can play WuSheng, six or seven voice sound advanced music.
Promoted to spring sword: the period in the late 1965 jiangling mountain 1 tomb, long unearthed 55.7, respectively cm.
Yuan daiqing four lovemap bottle: for the period. In 2006, the king’s ZhongXiangShi Ying jing, high caliber 38.7 centimeters, 6.4 centimeters, 13 cm long. The bottle in the peony fung act; shoulder Abdominal “four love map blue act”, namely, wang tao yuanming love, love, and jing zhou refined, cranes, love, Foot decoration lifted. Repeat Ephraim, Three layers with careless grain appearance and take grain boundary. Craft, the color green is rare, gorgeous sound by science and the excavated yuan daiqing of high-quality.

March 10, 2010

Wuhan, composed of the three towns of Wuchang, Hankou, and Hanyang, is the capital of Hubei Province. The three towns, separated by the Yangtze and Hanshui rivers,a re linked by bridges, and because these municipalities are so closely connected by waterways, Wuhan is also called the “city on rivers.” Being the largest inland port on the middle reaches of the Yangtze River and a major stop on the Beijing-Guangzhou Railway, Wuhan is one of China‘s most important hubs of water and rail transportation and communications. Wuhan has an old history and rich cultural traditions. It began to prosper as a commercial town about two thousand years ago, when it was called Yingwuzhou (Parrot beach). From the first century to the beginning of the third century, the towns of Hanyang and Wuchang began to take shape. During the Song Dynasty (960-1279), the area became one of the most prosperous commercial centers along the Yangtze River. By the end of the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644), Hankou had become one of the four most famous cities in China. Today, Wuhan is the political, economic, and cultural center of Central China. It boasts of one of China‘s leading iron and steel complexes — the Wuhan Iron and Steel Corporation. Wuhan is also a city with a strong revolutionary tradition.

March 10, 2010

Guiyuan Temple, situated on Cuiwei Street, is one of the four biggest temples for Buddhist meditation in Hubei as well as an important Buddhist temple in China. First built in the early Qing dynasty (1644-1911) by two monks named Baiguang and Zhufeng on the base of Sunflower Garden owned by a poet, the temple got its name from Buddhist chants: “With purity kept in mind, one has the thoroughfare everywhere.” Guiyuan Temple has survived through more than 300 hundred years of repeated cycles of prosperity and decline, above all else, it is always leading the other temple in Wuhan with prosperous public worship, flourishing Buddhist ceremony and many pilgrims. The temple was destroyed and rebuilt for several times in its history and the present temple dates from the early Republic of China (1912-1949). Covering an area of 46,900 square meters with a floor space of 20,000 square meters, the temple mainly consists of Daxiongbaodian Hall, Arhat Hall, Sutra Collection Pavilion, etc. Guiyuan Temple was in fashion for a time although its history was shorter than White Horse Temple, the best Buddhist Temple in China. It is famous not only for spreading Buddhism throughout the whole country, but also for perfect architecture, excellent sculpture and rich collection of Buddhist doctrine among Buddhist temples. In 1956 Guiyuan Temple was listed as preserved antiques unit of Hubei province and in 1983, it was appointed as one of the key Buddhist temple of Han nationality district in China by the State Council.

March 10, 2010

Nanxun is located in the plains of northern Zhejiang Province, Taihu Lake to the south, east and Suzhou Wujiang bordering Pudong, Shanghai, Huzhou City, east gate integration. The Grand Canal, long fairways and South Lake Shen Xun river bordering the city the city, through the Nanxun things dongtiao River tributaries are the lifeblood of this town and symbolic. That the United Kingdom is the silk business lake Shanghai Waterway along the length upon dongtiao River into the Nanxun.

As early as the Southern Song period, Nanxun already “mulberry cultivation of the rich, A Yu Zhejiang right.” Series Nanxun suburbs where villagers use clean water Tiaoxi reeling, the production of mercerized Run soft, revered as a lake in the Jiapin silk. Access to the Ming Dynasty, the world sericulture interests, has been “Mo Sheng Yu lake”, and a gun into, “especially in Nanxun as a” series of Barry’s Village to produce silk so they have dubbed “series where silk” of the name. To the Qing Dynasty, silk series where it is due to high quality and the name under heaven, Guangdong, Guangdong satin yarn, silk, Shanxi Lu and Jiangsu, Fujian and other places of silk raw materials, especially high-grade materials are required to Yang to the lake silk, Jiangning, Suzhou , Hangzhou Bureau of the State of weaving silk quarter of each year are to a large number of procurement of raw silk Nanxun.

Then Nanxun town, every Xiaoman listing of new silk, silk Tai on the line will be “out Stanford Xuan Tian, Qu road congestion”, “day trading tens of thousands of gold” silk trade boom to make it less than 100 meters of silk the densely packed with dam lines to more than 50 wire line operators Nanxun silk from China into the business community, and quickly grow into the largest wire business groups, in Shanghai, 91 wire-line, 70% of the South Xun people open. Nanxun in rural areas is to a “land of mulberry are all, without exception, silkworm’s home” grand occasion.

February 25, 2010
Located in the northwest of Wulingyuan, it is in the neighborhood of Suoxiyu Valley and Tianzi Mountain. It has an area of 72,000 acres, an average rainfall of 1200-1600mm, an average temperature of 16oC and a frost-free period of 240-300 days. 97 percent of the park is covered with plants which have 98 families, 517 species, over twice the total in Europe. Its gymnosperm species take up half of the total in the world. Zhangjiajie opens to the outside at the beginning of the 1980s and is the earliest tourist zone exploited in Zhangjiajie. It is noted for its queer peaks, tranquil water and beautiful forests. It is the first National Forest Park approved by the State Council in 1982. Its main scenic spots include Golden Whip Stream, Huangshi Fort and so on. Numerous pinnacles rise abruptly from the level ground in the shape of huge bamboo shoots pointing to the sky. Both sides of Golden Whip Stream stand grotesque peaks and are covered with old trees and vines. The stream, like colorful ribbons, flows through valleys. Watching mountains on Huangshi Fort, one can't help acclaiming as the acme of perfection. 

Huangshi Fort 

  Huangshi Fort, named after a hermit Huangshi, is 1080m above sea level. It is higher on the south and elevated by stiff cliffs, covering an area of 16.5 hectors. It provides the largest collection of marvelous spectacles and also provides the larges sightseeing terrace above sea level in Zhangjiajie. The chief scenic spots include Treasure Box of Heavenly Books, the Magic Sea-suppressing Needle, the South Pillar of Heaven, the Golden Tortoise Watching the Sea and so on. If you stand on the terrace and watch as far as you can towards the south, you can see all kinds of queer pinnacles. If you watch towards the east, you can see numerous grotesque peaks by the Golden Whip Stream which resemble a clear, crystalline jadeite. Hence, there is a saying: " It can't be said that you have been to Zhangjiajie without reaching Huangshi Fort. 

Golden Whip Stream 

   Located in the east of Zhangjiajie National Forest Park, named after the 380-meter high Golden Whip Rock, Golden Whip stream meanders 15 Li. Flowing from Laomo Gully first to Confluence of Four Rivers then to Suoxi Stream, it finally joins Li river, one of the four rivers in Hunan Province. It flows between steep grotesque peaks and luxuriant trees. Here, the meandering streams, the crystal-clear waterfalls, exotic plants and rare animals co-exist and constitute the extraordinarily beautiful, tranquil and natural ecological environment. No wonder it is called "the most beautiful valley in the world" and "the most poetic stream". The major scenic spots include Rock of Welcoming Guests, Golden Whip Rock, Reunion Rock and the Purple Grass Pond. 

The Southern Heaven Gate 

  If you want to go to Tianzi Mountain through Suoxiyu Valley, you'll have to pass by a huge stone peak with a natural passage through it. The mouth of the passage is shaped like a gate. Thus, it is named the Southern Heaven Gate. 

The Imperial Brush Peak 

  Walking a few steps from the scenic spot named the Fairy Maid Presenting Flowers and then watching towards the southwest on the sightseeing terrace, you can see a pinnacle resembling a huge imperial brush on the right of some graceful peaks, and some short pinnacles on the left in the shape of some brushes on the rack. It brings back the memory of King Xiang who read over official papers and drew a circle around his name on a document. How heroic he was. When you enjoy the view at dusk with red evening clouds in the sky, you'll see that the peak is glittering brightly on its tip as if there were red paint remaining on the point of the brush. Therefore, it is not surprising that more than30 domestic pictorials have its photos printed. 

Seeing West Sea on the Heavenly Terrace 

  Heavenly terrace, resembling a little platform in heaven, is high and perilous, walled by stiff and crisscrossed precipices. The only way to it is a straight flight of 186-step stone stairs. Seen on the Heavenly Terrace with a bird-eye's view, the west sea is a great sea, a sea of clouds and fogs, of peaks, of greenness, and of mystery. The forest of pinnacles stand, strange stones cover the ground. The clouds roll and rays shine. Old trees' branches and roots curl up. How mysterious and unpredictable.